The Office of the Provost supports the student employment program by providing funds to cover 50% of eligible student wages. The total amount of funding provided to a particular school or department, or for a particular student, may be limited. In order to be eligible for 50% central funding, student wages must meet the following criteria:
- The student must be an undergraduate student that qualifies for need based financial aid.
- The student must be enrolled full-time.
- Wages must be paid as Time Entry Wage (hourly wages).
- The student must be paid on the weekly payroll.
- Hourly wage cannot exceed the Level 3 wage rate per hour.
- The wages must be earned and paid during the academic year including term recesses.
- Wages charged to a sponsored award (grant) are not eligible.
- Wages charged to Agency Accounts or Community Service accounts are not eligible.
- Wages charged for work of a religious nature are not eligible.
- Wages charged to Associated Student Agencies are not eligible.
- Students should not work more than 19 hours per week, except during term recesses.
How are the wages split?
The student wages are charged 50% to the department and 50% to the Provost's Office during the payroll costing process.
How can I confirm that a student is eligible?
There are a couple of ways to identify if a student is eligible for the 50/50 Program:
- From the Supervisor or Business Office Control Panel, select "Student Status Checker" and enter the student's Net Id.
- A "Y" indicator will appear in the Provost Split column during the application and hiring process.