Student FAQs

« Back to FAQs Home

General Employment Questions

What should I do if I have problems with my supervisor?

If you have a problem with your supervisor you should talk to them about the situation first. If the problem persists, you may discuss your issue with the manager of Student Employment.

Do I have a job description?

All positions are required to have an accurate job description, which is listed on the Student Employment system. You may request a copy from your supervisor or Student Employment.

Do I get evaluated?

All departments are encouraged but are not required to evaluate their student workers. Feel free to request feedback on your performance from your supervisor regardless of whether there is a formal evaluation process.

How do I update my Social Security number with Payroll?

Students should take the original of their Social Security card to their Registrar’s office. The Registrar will update the student’s records which in turn updated the Payroll system.

How do I get a verification of my employment?

Some students require verification of employment for insurance or job application purposes. Students should submit a signed request for the information to the Student Employment Office and an official verification will be issued. If a third party is involved in the verification, a signed release of the student must accompany the request for verification.

« Back to FAQs Home